Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Gypsy King claims he ‘tricked’ American into fight

The Brit says he set a trap with promoter Frank Warren and lured

 his opponent in and now has the WBC title in his sights

The former unified heavyweight champion is set to jump up in levels having had two comeback fights against mediocre opposition after a long lay-off, and will now challenge the WBC champion on December 1 in LA.


Despite the odds being stacked against him, the brash Gypsy King is confident as ever and believes he has been Wilder’s puppet master for the past few months.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––


“The Bronze Bomber made the biggest mistake of his life when he let me talk him into this fight,” Fury began.
“Wilder never realised that it was me who chose to fight him, not the other way round. He is in for a terrible shock when he sees me in the ring. Sees that I’ve beaten him already.
“I told Frank this was the fight I wanted above all others. No more bums. So I asked him to tell Wilder’s team that he would be fighting a big fat English idiot who had only come back for the money.
“They’ve bitten off more than they can chew. I tricked them into it but they still don’t know what they’ve let themselves in for.”
There have been many suggestions from sceptics that Tyson Fury’s return is solely money-motivated as he himself has even admitted he threw away a £10million+ payday when the Wladimir Klitschko rematch fell through in 2016.

After becoming champion, the 30-year-old never capitalised on his earning potential as he spiralled into drink and drugs binges prompted by mental health issues.

However he still insists that cash is not the true reason for his return.

“They think I’ve just come here to pick up a few quid,” Fury continued: “But I couldn’t care less about the money. I don’t have much use for it.

“I’m planning to give it all away to the poor and for building houses for the homeless. I will probably wind up like all the other boxers down the years. Skint.”
Powered by Blogger.